Backyard of the Museum
This 8.2 hectare (20 acres) space, developed in collaboration with the Montréal Botanical Garden and Laval University, is a favorite spot for families and nature lovers.
- A 1.2 km forest trail.
- An adventure trail for young adventurers from 4 to 14 years old. Installed in the heart of the woods and formed of equipment related to the shipbuilding: nets, bridges, footbridges, lianas, etc.
- A plant labyrinth of 3000 braided willows and its treasure.
- An arboretum with tree species used for the construction of schooners.
- A fun, maritime-inspired space where children imagine they travel across islands, or sway in a ship's carcass, while the older ones cross a forest of poetic oars or relax at the bow of an imaginary ship.
- The Pilote du Bas Saint-Laurent Pavilion and its lookout point on the river, presenting the epic of the sailing schooners through the playful and technological exhibition The Eighth Journey: At the Speed of the Wind.
- Giant sculptures linked to the great history of the St. Lawrence.